- To apply, click Join button in upper right corner.
- Remember to ask a faculty or staff member submit the LACE Student Recommendation Form by the application deadline!
- Applications are due by March 12, 2020.
Liberal Arts to Careers Externship (LACE) matches Harpur College undergraduates with Harpur alumni for a brief job-shadowing experience over winter or summer break.
Students have an opportunity to explore career options and gain insight into the realities of the workplace. This experience allows students to better understand and validate their career options, learn about professionalism, and begin to establish the important network of alumni and other professionals they will need as they enter the working world. Alumni have an opportunity to mentor students and share their passion for their profession.
Matches are determined based on student interests, mentor availability and geographic location. Meetings are scheduled at the convenience of student and sponsor. LACE is structured to ensure opportunities for success through its flexibility to meet the needs of each individual pair.
For more information about the LACE program: https://www.binghamton.edu/harpur/edge/lace/
- DEVELOP feedback and critical thinking skills
- GROW your network in the professional landscape
- ADVANCE your leadership skills
- SUPPORT your alma mater through service
- GROW professional networks
- LEARN to navigate collegiate challenges
- DEVELOP your leadership skills
- EXPLORE opportunities and build your career path
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell