Mentors inspire, encourage, and support you, and contribute to your professional and personal development. You can expect to strengthen and build your network, and gain the skills and confidence necessary to excel. For more detailed information and additional FAQ's visit our website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the student eligibility requirements for this program? LACE is open to Harpur College undergraduates in good academic standing with a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA. Preference is given to rising and current sophomores.
- What is the time commitment? Students and mentors meet at the sponsor's workplace 3 to 5 times for at least one half day per visit. The program is structured to ensure the opportunity for success by providing flexibility to meet the needs of each mentor/mentee pair.
- What type of mentors participate in this program? Mentor availability varies by session, but mentors typically represent a wide range of fields including education, business, non-profit, government, entertainment, environment and more.
- I have additional questions, where can I go or who can I ask? You can visit our website or contact email@example.com.
Apply for SUMMER 2020:
- To apply, click Join button in upper right corner.
- Remember to ask a faculty or staff member submit the LACE Student Recommendation Form by the application deadline!
- Applications are due by March 12, 2020.
Liberal Arts to Careers Externship (LACE) matches Harpur College undergraduates with Harpur alumni for a brief job-shadowing experience over winter or summer break. Students have an opportunity to explore career options and gain insight into the realities of the workplace. This experience allows students to better understand and validate their career options, learn about professionalism, and begin to establish the important network of alumni and other professionals they will need as they enter the working world.
Matches are determined based on student interests, mentor availability and geographic location. Meetings are scheduled at the convenience of student and sponsor. LACE is structured to ensure opportunities for success through its flexibility to meet the needs of each individual pair.