A mentor is a guide. A friend. A resource who paves the way to success, and derives satisfaction from helping others succeed. Your role as a mentor is to inspire, encourage, and support your mentee, and to contribute to their professional and personal development. For more information about the program, visit our website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign-up for this program? Click "Join Now", then you will fill out an application for approval by an administrator.
- What type of mentees participate in this program? Any alumni and student is eligible to participate as a mentee.
- Can I be a mentor and a mentee? Yes, you may be both a mentor and a mentee in this program. We do prefer that all mentors be alumni.
- Can I limit the number of mentees that I am able to connect with? Yes. You can limit the number of mentees that reach out to you based on the month, quarter or year. After you have reached your limit, mentees will not be able to request a connection or meeting, but will still have the ability to see your profile and send you a message. You can edit these limits at any point in your account settings.
- I have additional questions, where can I go or who can I ask? You can visit our website or contact Alicia Hibbard, Senior Coordinator of Alumni Volunteer Engagement in the Office of Alumni Engagement.
Share your expertise with those willing and eager to learn.
- Flash mentoring is an opportunity to connect with mentees for a brief, one time meeting. Mentees can request a one-time virtual meeting you on a specific topic or conversation.
- The mentee will request a meeting, and you will set up an appropriate time to have a phone call, skype session, etc. You may meet in person, but it is not required.
- The meetings are approximately one hour in length and can occur at any time through the year.